Lance Bird, FAIA
- University of California, Berkeley; Bachelor of Architecture
- Architect in California, C-5595
- Certification by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Certification by the California Office of Emergency Services
Lance Bird has over 40 years experience in the practice of architecture, interior design and master planning. Prior to founding LCDG, Lance was design partner with an international practice, gaining experience in most regions of the country. He has successfully completed new projects, renovation and building expansions for municipalities including Cities of Burbank and La Mirada, for L.A. County; for agencies including the Inland Empire Utilities Agency and the Postal Service; for Metropolitan Water District and Southern California Edison; and for private owners. Services include strategic planning, programming, space planning, and detailed design.
He has strong leadership experience with professional and non-profit organizations at the national, state and local levels. His skillful master planning for public and private entities is demonstrated with the successful L.A. County Music Center public space revitalization; the six-block downtown revitalization plan for the City of Burbank; and school master plans for Pasadena USD and Merdinian Armenian Evangelical School. Office and M&O experience is also extensive, including Claremont McKenna College’s new development offices; Citizen’s Business Bank’s Pasadena office; and the 175,000 SF L.A. County Registrar-Recorder’s renovated offices in Norwalk.
For Lance’s thoughts on the architectural field and its role in modern society, click here.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), former National Board Member and Regional Director
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), Past President Los Angeles Chapter
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), California Council, former Board Member
- International Facility Managers Association (IFMA), former Board Member
- California Architectural Foundation, Regent, Past President
- University of Southern California Architectural Guild, Past President
- Wellness Community of the Foothills, Past President