Robert Lawson, AIA
Robert Lawson has nearly 30 years' experience with commercial, industrial and education projects. As project manager he is responsible for overall project design, schedule, and budget. At LCDG, he has completed over fifty new and renovation projects as project manager, architect, designer, and/or job captain. Robert currently manages new maintenance and test building projects and an operations building project with strict security measures for Southern California Edison. He also is managing the design of the new Metropolitan Water District Orange County Region Service Center in Loma Linda. These essential facilities for utility agencies include offices, shops, garages, storage, and other support services.
On an as-needed contract for Rockwell in Newport Beach, he completed 22 office and lab renovations in 27 months. He participated in the design of the LA Valley College M&O/Sheriff's Station, which is LEED certified, the first in the LA Community College system. He was also designer for the Inland Empire Utility Agency Headquarters, a LEED Platinum certified project.
Well versed in all building systems, Robert is particularly strong in his technical knowledge and is successful at coordinating engineering consultants. As CAD Manager at LCDG, Robert is also responsible for the acquisition and implementation of the firms' business systems including hardware, software, and cloud services.
Representative projects include:
- City of Burbank:
- Administrative Services Building
- Northwest Library
- SC Edison:
- Mesa Substation Operations and Maintenance & Test Crew Buildings
- Devers, Antelope, and Pardee Substations, Maintenance & Test Crew Buildings
- Ontario Service Center Garage Expansion
- Covina Service Center Garage Expansion
- Santa Clara Substation Maintenance & Test Crew Buildings
- Metropolitian Water District - Diemer Water Treatment Plant - Orange Count Regional Service Center
- LAUSD - Estrella Elementary School, Early Education Center
- Inland Empire Utility Agency - LEED Platinum Certified
- Citizen's Business Bank - new 2-story office, Pasadena
- Woodbury University, California
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Architect in California, C-32727
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), Inland Chapter, Corporate Member
- Construction Specifications Institute
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)