Located in Wilmington, Saints Peter & Paul Catholic Church is the oldest Catholic church in Los Angeles, with the first Mass celebrated in 1865. The current church was built in 1931, modeled after a historic church in Italy. LCDG's design for the Parish Hall was inspired by history. New construction forms a patio between the church and hall. A new colonnade forms a covered path linking the two buildings, and continues on the patio side of the hall. Niches for saints, iron gates, and many concrete details, complete the historic theme.
LCDG prepared a master plan and detailed architectural program, informing the final design for the Parish Hall. Entering through carved wood doors from the street or glass doors from the patio, parishioners pass into the large three-part, main hall. The space can be configured as a 400-seat assembly area. Arranged as a dining space, the hall seats 250 people.
- Included are a kitchen, meeting rooms, a bookstore, office, and storage.
- Overhead clerestories brighten the space with natural light.
- New Construction
- Size: 7,000 SF
- Cost: $2.2 million
- Client: Archdiocese of Los Angeles