Scott Brady, Architect, LEED AP
Scott Brady, LCDG’s Design Director, has extensive experience in the design of large, sustainable facilities for higher education. During his 25-year career he has won numerous awards with the AIA and other professional associations.
Scott currently is project architect for healthcare and utility clients. For Los Angeles County, he designed a 35 exam room renovation of a primary care clinic at the USC Medical Center. Construction will begin Summer 2016. Similarly, at Harbor UCLA, he is adapting an aging, 4,000 sf clinic for treatment of abused children. Space planning, interior design, MEP, and fire protection systems are part of the renovations. The clinics will meet State OSHPD III requirements.
For Southern California Edison he is designing new maintenance and test facilities at Antelope Substation in Lancaster and Pardee Substation in Santa Clarita. In 12,000 sf, both facilities will provide much needed shops, offices, storage and support facilities for substation crews. Construction is planned in 2017.
As project architect and designer, Scott recently completed design of a $3 million civic mall (“The Zocalo”) for the City of Baldwin Park. The new park includes substantial paving and landscaping, a retail building, pavilion, veteran’s memorial, and a fountain. Scott has also successfully led community outreach, presenting to businesses and residents using 3-D modeling and animation to illustrate designs.
Prior to entering the architectural field, Scott had a highly technical 15-year career with Boeing designing airplanes.
Scott’s recent projects include:
- Los Angeles County:
- Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center, 18th floor – Space planning, interior design, 140 offices, 50,000 sf
- USC Medical Center – OPD 4th floor Primary Care Clinic Renovation, 13,325 sf, $3.5 million
- Harbor-UCLA Professional Building – HUB Clinic Renovation, 4,000 sf
- Southern California Edison:
- Antelope Substation – Maintenance & Test Facility; shops, offices, and storage
- Pardee Substation – Maintenance & Test Facility; shops, offices, and storage
- City of Baldwin Park:
- Zocalo, 3-acre civic park with pavilion, retail building, fountain, parking – Plan Check
- Southern California Institute of Architecture, Masters of Architecture
- University of Southern California, Masters of Science - EE
- California University at Long Beach, Bachelors of Science – EE
- Architect in California, C-33654
- Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED)
- Accredited Professional (AP)